Roasted Eggplant Moutabal
- 4 Eggplants (approx. 500 g)
- 4 Garlic cloves
- 75 g AdVital Powder
- 40 mL Extra Virgin olive oil
- 50 g Yoghurt
- 2 tbsp Tahini
- 30 mL Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- 30 g Fresh mint
- 50 g Pomegranate seeds
For the pomegranate gel
- 200 g Pomegranate juice
- 2 g Agar Agar
- Preheat the oven to 200°c.
- Wrap the eggplant in aluminium foil, roast them in the oven for 35-40 minutes until soft.
- Allow to cool, still in the foil (they will steam & keep all the flavour inside).
- Remove the flesh from the inside of the eggplant & place into a blender.
- Add all the other ingredients & blitz until smooth.
- Garnish the top with fresh mint & pomegranate seeds.
Method for pomegranate gel
- Whisk in the Agar into the pomegranate juice, bring to aboil, allow to set overnight.
- Once cooled blend into a smooth gel.
- Garnish the top of the Moutabal with the pomegranate gel instead of the pomegranate seeds.