LAST UPDATED: 21 August 2023
Please read the following to learn more about our privacy practices.
What Information Is Collected and How Is It Collected?
The Personal Information that we collect varies depending on the purpose of collection, who you are and the product or service that we are providing. Generally, we will collect the following types of personal information:
- Contact details (such as name, postal address (including billing and shipping addresses), phone number and email address)
- Payment details (credit or debit card number)
- Financial information in certain circumstances
- Social media account information
- Geolocation information
- Communication, product, service or other preferences
- Your opinions, comments, suggestions, inquiries and other communications you provide to us
- Demographic information
- Audio/Visual recordings such as when you call our customer service phone number or participate in having a photo taken
- Internet Click Activity on our websites
- IP address or Device ID and other statistical data
- In the case of healthcare professionals, your associated health service or hospital and department;
- The name and details of a carer or guardian (if applicable)
- Government identifiers (such as NDIS number)
- Any other information that you provide to us or authorise us to collect as part of our interactions with you.
If you participate in Flavour Creations at Home please refer to the Patient Privacy Collection Notice which sets out specific privacy details in relation to this program.
Purpose of Collection
Our purpose in collecting personal information about you is for the purposes of fulfilling your order, conducting business with you, facilitating and administrating one of our patient support programs and providing you with a better web and shopping experience.
The personal information that we collect and hold about you, depends on your interaction with us. Generally, we will collect, use and hold your personal information for the purposes of:
a) providing services to you or someone else you know such as a carer or guardian;
b) providing you with information about other services that we and other organisations that we have affiliations with, offer that may be of interest to you;
c) facilitating our internal business operations, including the fulfilment of any legal requirements;
d) analysing our services and customer needs with a view to developing new or improved services
e) providing after sales service;
f) responding to queries, complaints and feedback from you;
g) to ensure the proper functioning of our website, business and operations;
h) facilitating patient support programs such as Flavour Creations at Home.
Method of Collection
Personal information will generally be collected directly from you through the use of any of our standard forms, over the internet, via email, or through a telephone conversation with you. There may, however, be some instances where personal information about you will be collected indirectly because it is unreasonable or impractical to collect personal information directly from you. We will usually notify you about these instances in advance, or where that is not possible, as soon as reasonably practicable after the information has been collected.
We may collect information from you when you interact with us such as when you:
- Register for, use, or make a payment for a product or service
- Contact us with a question or request
- Use our Services
- Provide a testimonial or story, or post or submit a photo, review or comment
- Participate in a competition, promotional activity or sweepstakes
- Participate in a survey
- Participate in any loyalty or other programs
- “Like”, “Follow” or otherwise connect with or post to one of our Social Media Pages
We may also automatically collect information from you and your devices when you browse or use our Services. We use technologies like cookies, pixel tags and web beacons, which may record usage information, geographical tagging and other statistical data such as your IP address or Device ID, internet click activity on our Website, date and time of your visit, the type of device you use to access the Services and system preferences.
Where it is unreasonable or impracticable for us to collect the personal information from you directly (e.g. where your healthcare professional registers you to take part of one of our patient support programs such as Flavour Creations at Home), or where you have authorised such collection, we may also collect your personal information from third parties, including for example your healthcare professional, associated hospital and where applicable, your parent, guardian or carer.
Lawful Basis for Processing Your Information
We normally collect or use information from you where we have your consent to do so, where we need the information to perform a contract with you or to provide our services or products to you upon your request, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or rights and freedoms.
For example, when we:
- use information to effect a transaction you have requested, we need it in order to provide you with the products you are purchasing;
- use names and email addresses for email marketing purposes, we do so with your consent (which you can revoke at any time); and
- gather usage data and analyze it to improve our Services and services, we do so based on our legitimate interest in safeguarding and improving our Services.
Failure to Provide Information
If the personal information you provide to us is incomplete or inaccurate, we may be unable to provide you, or someone else you know, with the services you, or they, are seeking.
If you access our website, we may automatically collect additional personal information about you in the form of your IP address and domain name.
You can choose if and how a cookie will be accepted by configuring your preferences and options in your browser. However, if you decide not to display cookies you may not experience optimum performance of our Services.
We also may use “web beacons” on our Services. A web beacon, also known as a pixel tag or clear GIF, may be used to transmit information collected through cookies to our service providers’ servers, such as the server of Google AdWords. These web beacons enable our service providers to compile anonymous information about your browsing activity on the Services.
Our website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of linked websites and linked websites are not subject to our privacy policies and procedures.
When you use Flavour Creations social media pages, you are using an external site and are therefore bound by the privacy principles of that site. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of that site for further information. Flavour Creations does not endorse, and is not accountable for, any views expressed by third parties using that site.
Flavour Creations records all information posted to the Flavour Creations social media channels and uses that information for the purpose of administering the channels, for record keeping and for considering and/or addressing any comments made. No attempt will be made to further identify social media subscribers except where requested and authorised by law.
Email and Direct Marketing
When you provide us with your contact details, you give your consent to us using your personal information to provide you with information and to tell you about things which we consider may be of interest to you, including by post, email, SMS, messaging applications and telephone (Direct Marketing Communications).
If at any time you do not wish to receive any further Direct Marketing Communications you may do this at any time by using the “unsubscribe” facility included in the Direct Marketing Communication or by contacting us at the details set out at the end of this document.
If you opt-out of receiving our Direct Marketing Communications, we may still contact you in relation to our ongoing relationship with you.
We will never provide your information to third parties for marketing purposes without receiving your consent.
Sharing our content through social media
In addition to web server logs, we use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Reports obtained from Google Analytics are used to help improve the efficiency and usability of this website.
Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of our website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf.
Use and Disclosure
Generally, we only use or disclose personal information about you for the purposes for which it was collected (as set out above). We may disclose personal information about you to:
b) our related entities and other organisations with whom we have affiliations so that those organisations may provide you with information about services and various promotions.
We may from time to time need to disclose personal information where we believe it is necessary to comply with a legal requirement or law.
If there is a change of control in our business (for example a sale of the business) your personal information could be disclosed to a potential purchaser under a confidentiality agreement.
Storage and Security of Information
We store your personal information in different ways, including in paper and in electronic form. The security of your personal information is important to us. We will use all reasonable endeavours to keep your personal information in a secure environment, however, this security cannot be guaranteed. We have put in place various methods including firewalls, passworded access and encryption software to ensure your personal information is not subject to misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We will only retain your personal information for as long as is reasonable necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected. If we no longer need your personal information, unless we are required under Australian law or a court or tribunal order to retain it, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify your personal information in accordance with our document retention policy.
Your personal information will be stored in Australia by WordPress.
If your personal information is disclosed to another country, we will ensure that any disclosure is in accordance with the relevant laws, and that appropriate safeguards are put in place.
Under the legislation applicable to you, you may be entitled to exercise some or all of the following rights:
- Request (i) information as to whether your personal information is retained and (ii) access to and/or duplicates of your personal information retained, including the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal information concerned, and the data recipients as well as potential retention periods.
- Request rectification, erasure, removal or restriction of your personal information, for example, because (i) it is incomplete or inaccurate, (ii) it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected, or (iii) the consent on which the processing was based has been withdrawn.
- Refuse to provide us with, or withdraw, your consent to processing of your personal information at any time.
- Object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, that your personal information shall be subject to processing. In this case, please provide us with information about your particular situation. After the assessment of the facts presented by you we will either stop processing your personal information or present you our compelling legitimate grounds for an ongoing processing.
- Object to us sending you direct marketing and profiling you for the purpose of direct marketing.
- Object to your data being subject to any automated decision making, including profiling (decisions based on data processing by automatic means, for the purpose of assessing several personal aspects).
- In certain circumstances you may request to receive your personal information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit that data to another controller without hindrance from us.
- Lodge a complaint regarding our processing of your personal information with a relevant authority in a country where you live, work, or where you believe a breach may have occurred, or take legal action in relation to any potential breach of your rights regarding the processing of your personal information. For example, you may lodge a complaint in Australia with the Office of the Information Commissioner at https://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-complaints/
Access to information we hold about you
Should you wish to access, update or correct personal information supplied to us, you may email us at info@FlavourCreations.com.au
There is no cost to request or update your information but we may charge you a reasonable fee to cover our costs in locating and extracting that information to supply it to you, if permitted by law. You have the option to either not identify yourself or to use a pseudonym when you contact us, unless it is impractical for us to communicate with you in that manner or if we are required or authorised under Australian law, or a court or tribunal order, to deal with individuals who have identified themselves.
You may access the personal information we hold about you, upon making a written request. We may decline a request for access to personal information if it is necessary to do so. If, upon receiving access to your personal information or at any other time, you believe the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, please notify us immediately. We will take reasonable steps to correct the information so that it is accurate, complete and up to date.
Street address: 26-32 Murdoch Circuit, Acacia Ridge, Qld, 4110
Email address: email@example.com
Telephone: +61 7 3373 3000
For more information about privacy in general, you can visit the federal privacy commissioner’s website.