- Stand Mixer
- 520 g Strong Bread flour
- 100 g AdVital Powder
- 380 g Lukewarm water
- 7 g Dried yeast
- 10 g Sugar
- 8 g Salt
- 50 g Honey
- 10 g Light olive oil
- 1 Whole egg (Plus 2 extra for egg wash)
- 3 Egg yolks
- Add Yeast, water & sugar to a mixing bowl, whisk together, then sit for 5 minutes to allow yeast to activate.
- In a separate bowl, add the eggs, honey, oil & salt, whisk to combine completely.
- Add this mixture to the water & yeast mixture, then add this mix to the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the dough hook attachment.
- In a separate bowl, mix the AdVital into the flour.
- Turn the stand mixer onto low speed, add the flour & Advital into the bowl, mix for 2 minutes to fully incorporate all the wet ingredients, then turn the mixer onto medium speed & mix for 10 minutes, the dough should be nice & smooth.
- Lightly grease a metal container & place in the dough, this will allow the dough to rise without sticking. Place in the oven (DO NOT TURN OVEN ON).
- Bring a pot of water to the boil, place this directly underneath the container in the oven, close the door & allow the dough to rise for 40 minutes.
- Once it has proved, knock the air out of the dough, then return to the oven with fresh water for another 40 minutes.
- Knock the air out of it again & proceed to braiding the dough, divide the dough into 4, roll each piece into a long strand & braid together, pinching the ends to make it neat.
- Allow proving on the bench for 15 minutes, then brush with beaten egg.
- Bake at 160°c for 20 minutes, remove from the oven, brush the white parts with beaten egg again & return to the oven for a further 20minutes.