- Stove Top
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp caster sgar
- 1 pinch Salt
- 60 grams butter chilled, chopped
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg optional
- 1 cup butternut pumkin cooked, mashed (approx. 400g raw peeled chopped)
- extra buttermilk for brushing
For shaping scones
- Shape It
- Using cooking spray, lightly spray a muffin tray.
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celsius on the fan-forced setting.
- Sift flour, nutmeg, sugar and salt into a bowl, rub in butter until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Make a well in centre of mixture. Add buttermilk and pumpkin. Stir until a sticky dough forms.
- Gently roll out until 2cm thick, cut out scones using a cutter.
- Place scones on prepared tray. Brush with buttermilk and bake for 12 -15 minutes.
- Weigh scones then make into fine crumbs.
- For every 100g of cooked scones, use 250mls of milk and 2 scoops of A Shape It.
- Place milk and Shape It in a saucepan, bring to the boil, then simmer for 2 minutes.
- Pour over scone crumbs and gently mix well.
- Place into muffin trays, refrigerate to set.
- Serve with cheese or butter.