AdVital Medu Vada
- Stove Top
- Food Processor
- 500 g urid dal (soaked in water overnight)
- 2 long green chilli
- 20 g ginger
- 100 g grated coconut
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 50 g coriander
- 10 g black pepper
- 10 g cumin seeds
- 200 g AdVital
- 2 L vegetable oil (for frying)
- Drain the urid dal that has been soaked overnight and place into a blender.
- Bend the urid dal on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add a few splashes of water, until the mixture becomes smooth and fluffy. Be careful not to add too much, just a few tablespoons at a time.
- Add all the other ingredients, excluding the AdVital powder and blend until a smooth white batter is formed.
- Add this mixture to a large mixing bowl and add the AdVital Powder. Mix with a wooden spoon or spatula until all combined.
- Place the mixture in the fridge for 2 hours, this will make the mixture easy to handle.
- To fry the Medu Vada, heat the oil to 160°C in a large pot.
- Have a small container of water next to the Medu Vada mixture to wet your hands very lightly. Pick up a small amount of the batter and use your thumb to pierce a hole in the centre. Carefully drop it into the hot oil and allow to fry for 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel.