Stout Mac 'n' Cheese
- 50 g Butter
- 50 g Plain flour (or Gluten Free)
- 2 Garlic cloves - minced
- 50 g Spinach
- 500 mL Full cream milk
- 100 g AdVital powder
- 250 mL Stout beer
- 120 g Grated cheddar
- 120 g Grated mozzarella
- Salt and pepper
- 500 g Macaroni (Gluten free if required)
- Whisk the AdVital into the milk & set aside.
- Cook the macaroni as per the packet instructions as set aside.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, melt the butter & add the flour, cook on a low heat for 3 minutes, then slowly incorporate the AdVital Milk, a ladle at a time, stirring in between each addition so the sauce doesn’t get lumpy, until it has all combined.
- Then add the beer, bring to a simmer, add the cheese, stir to melt the cheese through properly.
- Season with Salt & Pepper.
- Allow to cook on low heat for 10 minutes, stirring a few times.
- Into the pot, add the macaroni & spinach, stir through to combine.
- You can eat it like this straight away, or you can pour this into a baking dish, cover it with cheese & grill to melt the cheese.