Nankhatai (Indian Cookies)
- 75 g Bread Flour
- 25 g Beasn Flour
- 1 tbsp Semolina
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cardamom
- 65 g Icing Sugar
- 75 g Ghee
- 2 Scoops (50g) AdVital Powder
- 6 Scoop A Shape It Powder
- 660 g Full Cream Milk
- 300 g Nankhatai Once Baked
- Line baking tray with greaseproof paper, and preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flours, semolina, baking powder, cardamom, icing sugar and AdVital Powder.
- Add ghee and combine together into a smooth dough. Be careful not to overwork or knead the dough.
- Divide the dough into twelve equal portions, and space them evenly on prepared tray.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool in the baking tray for 5-10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. The cookies firm up upon cooling.
For Texture-Modified Nankhatai
- Spray Flavour Creations Half Sphere Moulds with cooking oil.
- Using a food processor, blitz the Nankhatai until they become a fine crumb.
- In a saucepan on medium head, bring the milk and Shape It Powder to the boil.
- Pour hot liquid over crumb, and mix to combine, and moist.
- Pour mixture into prepared moulds, and allow to cool for 20 minutes. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set.
- Remove texture-modified Nankhatai from mould.
- Using a knife, make a cross cut into the round top. Serve.