- Stove Top
- 300 g cucumber pureed - skin and seeds removed
- 3 scoops A Shape It
- 400 g Passata
- 1 scoop B Shape It
- 1 tbsp white sugar or to taste
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 60 mL water
- 20 mL olive brine
- 4 scoops A Shape It 100
- 100 g Kalamata olives pitted
- 100 g Persian fetta
- oregano dust to taste
- 18cm square container lined with cling film or baking paper
Olives and Tomatoes
- Using cooking spray, lightly spray Shape It Mould #10
- Place cucumber and Shape It in a saucepan, bring to the boil over medium heat. Simmer gently for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into prepared container. Cover with cling film, refrigerate until set.
- Place passata into a medium-sized saucepan with Shape It. Bring to boil over medium heat and simmer gently for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Season to taste with sugar, salt and pepper. Pour into the prepared mould, cover with mould lid, and refrigerate until set.
- Remove from mould.
- Puree all ingredients together until completely smooth. If not completely smooth, push through a sieve to remove any lumps. Transfer to a small saucepan.
- Bring to the boil over medium heat and simmer gently for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into the prepared mould or container, cover and refrigerate until set.
- Cut set cucumber into 1.5cm cubes. Cut set olives and tomatoes in half. To assemble, arrange the cucumber, tomatoes and olives on plates. Add the Persian feta. Drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil to dress and sprinkle with oregano dust.
- Spread the herbs across a baking tray and place another tray over the top, leaving a slight gap.
- Place the trays into a hot oven at 180–200 degrees Celsius until the herbs are completely dried out.
- When the herbs have cooled, gently rub the leaves - they should fall easily off the stalks.
- Place the leaves into a coffee bean grinder and grind until they are dust. Clean the grinder afterwards to avoid getting a herbal flavour in your morning coffee.
- Sieve the herb dust into a storage jar, and use at your convenience.