- 1 egg (59g)
- 2 tbsp water (40mL)
- ½ cup breadcrumbs (75g) or gluten free breadcrumbs
- 3 scoops AdVital Powder
- ¼ cup onion (40g) minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 500 grams lean minced pork or veal
- Preheat oven to 180°C for a conventional setting, or 160°C for a fan-forced setting. Lightly grease a shallow baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine egg, water, bread crumbs, AdVital Powder, onion, salt and pepper and combine.
- Add minced meat, broken into chunks, and use your hands to combine.
- Form into small balls approximately 2cm (1") in diameter and place in the prepared dish.
- Bake for 25–30 minutes until meatballs are no longer pink in centre.
- Serve with yoghurt and/or sweet chilli, tomato or BBQ sauce.
- Make some melon balls and thread 2–3 cold meat balls alternately with 2–3 melon balls onto a kebab stick.
- Great as a meal with salad or vegetables.
- Use gluten free breadcrumbs.
- Leave out onion and garlic. Add fresh or dried herbs such as thyme or rosemary for extra flavour.