- 450 g crushed pistachios
- 9 Sheets filo pastry
- 250 g unsalted butter melted
- 3 Scoops (75g) AdVital Powder
- 1 lemon juiced
- 300 g caster sugar
- 200 g water
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Grease the base and sides of baking tray with oil.
- Cover the filo sheets with a damp kitchen towel to keep from drying out as you work.
- Brush one side of the pastry with melted butter, stopping 5cm from each edge. Add crushed pistachio and then sprinkle AdVital Powder, again keeping 5cm from the edges clear.
- Roll a sheet of foil to create a thin stick. Using foil stick, starting at the base, roll filo to form sarma. Remove the stick. Using a sharp knife, cut both edges to fit the dimensions of the baking dish, then cut into smaller tube shapes all the way to the bottom of the tray. Brush each side with melted butter to prevent from drying out.
- Repeat until you have 9 sheets layered in baking tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the file pastry is golden and crisp.
- Make the syrup while the sarma is baking. Over high heat, boil water, lemon juice and sugar until the sugar dissolves. Simmer for 2 minutes to thicken, then remove from the heat.
- Remove sarmas from the oven and place ontp hot plate to heat the bottom of the tray. Immediately, and carefully pour hot syrup over sarmas.
- Remove tray from heat, and allow to cool for 2-3 hours, before serving.